Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Exploration #6 Part III: Implementation

As this is the end of my semester, introducing a new project like this would be impossible in the online forum. Therefore, I decided to look elsewhere for an opportunity to discuss and articulate thoughts on gender, equality, women in the arts, and women in history: my friends.

Educated women. Stay at home or work from home moms. Moms who are daily thinking of the mark their children will leave on the community and the marks the world will leave upon them. Moms of girls. (Well, and one boy:) I did not intentionally exclude my mom friends with boys...at this moment, we are just predominantly female.

Myself and three of my girlfriends met twice: once at the local Starbucks to discuss "Why there are no Great women artists?" and then again at the local library to "add to the cannon."Prior to meeting up, we agreed to read Linda Nochlin's article and start thinking about the major points of the article in terms of gender, what our current understanding of gender is, how that influences ourselves and our children (both male and female).

No comments:

Post a Comment